Account Creation Instruction
Welcome to SchoolCues!
How to sign-up
Please use the e-mail id where you received these instructions, as login id for SchoolCues. This is the e-mail id on file at Montford Academy.
The steps are in 2 parts, Registration and Activation. Both these steps have to be completed to start using SchoolCues.
Step 1 : Register your account
- Go to https://www.SchoolCues.com and click on the button which says ‘Sign in | Sign up
- On the next page, click on the button New user Sign up
- Enter the Invitation code CDSCUES (case sensitive)
- Enter your e-mail address and password and confirm password.
- Enter the verification code shown
- Accept the terms and click on create user.
Step 2 : Activating your account:
After your account is created, you will receive a confirmation e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org, with instructions to activate your account. Click on the link in the e-mail, this will activate your account.
Note: Make sure your e-mail spam settings and security settings are set to allow e-mails from SchoolCues.com. If you do not see an e-mail from email@example.com in your inbox, please check your spam folder.
After this you will be able to login using your e-mail as login id and password at https://www.SchoolCues.com
Important Things to Remember:
- You can only have one email registered per person.
- Store your Account ID and Password in a safe place since your account may be locked out if you use an incorrect email ID or password too many times. This is by design for security reasons.
- You can update your profile under the Manage Profile link on the top right corner of your home page, where you can change your email address (which will require an account re-activation), your password, your email preferences as well as your cell phone number. This is so that we can send out text messages through the system. Please note that we will only use the text function in situations such as school closures or time sensitive reminders.
How to contact Support?
If you have trouble logging in or with any other task on SchoolCues, please click on the Orange colored Support
Icon which can be found on the left side of your web page on every screen, and enter the following information:
Your Name, School Name, Description of the issue, and your email address and click on Send Message.
You will be issued a ticket # for your issue and someone from SchoolCues will reach out to you either with a solution or additional questions to help resolve your issue. Do not call the SchoolCues # on the website to ask for help as that may delay the resolution of your issue.
Intro Email to Users
(IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ FULLY)
We are ready to implement our new communications system, SchoolCues!
What is SchoolCues?
SchoolCues is a communication tool built specifically for small schools. The company founders built the system based on their own challenges with school communications as parents.
SchoolCues is targeted towards busy parents in the technology generation, enhancing parent engagement on a more frequent basis to keep them engaged. It pushes information and content directly into their inbox and to a smart phone app instead of parents having to retrieve information from School websites.
How It Works
One of the big advantages of SchoolCues is that it will deliver messages and notifications directly into your email in addition to your account on the SchoolCues website. You can also control to a limited extent what messages actually get sent to you.
When you sign on to the website you will be presented with a calendar and a list of tasks and tools. The calendar will have the all-school events overlaid with the calendar for your child’s classroom. If you have more than one child you will be able to see both classrooms’ calendars at the same time, or use the menu to isolate any particular calendar. We will also have class groups or Contact lists, and if you belong to that group, you will see those calendar items as well. On the right you will see any actions you need to take (acknowledgements, RSVPs, etc.) You will also see the links to various modules that will allow you to do things like report an absence or late arrival, contact your teacher, etc.
As with any new system, there will always be a learning curve for all of us along with the occasional kink or two. As we learn to use the system, you may receive a few more emails than we intend. Please have patience as we work out the new process.
If you have suggestions, please let us know or use the Support button on the SchoolCues pages to send them your feedback. It’s the first of its kind in the market and is rapidly evolving to be a popular tool for small schools to transition to the mobile generation.
Is there an app for that?
Yes, the SchoolCues mobile app is available on the IOS and Android platforms and is optimized for the respective phone devices. The app is free to download from the iTunes app store and Google Play. The SchoolCues mobile app is automatically activated for your account with the email ID that is on file associated with your child. In order to use the mobile app, you should first sign up and activate your account on www.SchoolCues.com.
We would like to get at least one account per family activated by
REFERENCE SHEET FOR SCHOOLCUES STARTUP
(For School Administrators)
- At the beginning of a new contract (New customers only, coming on board SchoolCues for the first time), before the first training session
- Format the data files as requested, as separate CSV files for each class, without the header rows. Please review these pointers as a check list when you start collecting the data…
- Save each class file in CSV format.
- You will need a separate CSV file for each class.
- For e.g.; if there are three classes (or grades) in your school, there will be three sets of CSV files with the parent student info. (unless all three grades can be counted as one class and that’s how you want them entered in the system)
- The 2nd parent information will not upload if there is a missing email field (which is mandatory if you want that parent information uploaded). Please check for this field in all the files
- The same email address cannot be used for both parents.
- There should be a minimum of six data columns and a maximum of eleven data columns for each CSV file.
- We also recommend creating a dummy Test Class list with Real parents (or teachers) names and dummy kids, with real email addresses, as this comes in handy to use for testing purposes.
- You do not have to send any of the files to us except the CSV file of any one class for us to verify the data structure
- Use the attached Account Creation Instructions to Register and Create your account on SchoolCues before the first training session
- After the first training session, here are the next steps in setting up SchoolCues…
- Upload and complete Steps 1, 2 and 4 under School Settings including Class Set up and Student Set up.
- Send out the Account Creation Instructions (Attached) to all your teachers and staff and have them register and activate their account on SchoolCues by a certain date.
- Assign Role based permissions along with Module Access and Class access to teachers and dtaff under the Assign Permissions step (Step 3) under School Settings (After they have activated their accounts).
- For those teachers who are not a parent in the school (or who do not have a child enrolled in the school), please have them update their First Name and Last name under Manage Profile (in the top right corner of their screen)
- Remember to upload the school logo / picture (in Step 1) and the pictures for your teachers and staff (Step 3) under School Settings
- Send out the introductory Welcome to SchoolCues announcement (attached) to the parents next week using the Newsletter module and specify a deadline by which you would like the parents to register, create and activate their accounts on SchoolCues (After customizing the verbiage to your school’s needs – you have signed up for the mobile premium plan).
- Send out the Account Creation Instructions to all your parents and have them register and create their account on SchoolCues by a certain date. Based on our experience and parent behavior, we have seen that it takes 2-3 reminders to get 90% of your parents registered in the system. You can use the Newsletter / Announcement module to send it. Please include the Parent FAQs as it’s an important document for them to periodically refer to.
- After all the teachers have registered and created their accounts, please contact us to schedule additional training sessions on using the modules.
- Have all users use the Support button to contact SchoolCues to report any issues / questions by specifying their school name, along with email address and the issue description. We do not respond to any tickets that come to us by phone as our customer support is fully touch-less online support only.
- How to Add a Teacher or Staff to the SchoolCues back end?
Here are the steps to add an administrator, teacher or a staff
- Have the teacher first register, create and activate her/ his account on SchoolCues. Unless a teacher account is registered and activated, you will not be able to assign them permissions.
- As an administrator, under Settings =>Assign Permissions=> Type in the first few characters of the teacher’s email ID in the box which will pull up the teacher’s email
- Select the teacher’s Email which pulls up
- Assign a role to the teacher (Teacher/Admin/Staff etc.)
- Assign the relevant modules to the teacher
- Assign the class
- Upload the teacher image
- Click on SAVE.
- You are done!
- Other Quick Tips
- Existing users DO NOT need to reactivate their account on SchoolCues for a new school year.
- However, a user has to reactivate their account if they change their email ID, as this is a security issue and requires account user validation.
- All parents are required to register and activate their account in order to log in to the web or use the mobile app.
- The following modules require an active parent account for the parent to complete transactions – Incident reports, Parent Teacher Conferences, RSVP, Sign UP, Smart Sign Up, Permission Forms and the Mobile App.
- It’s NOT necessary for the parent to have an active account to RECEIVE Communications from the school (Newsletters, Announcements, Calendar Reminders, Class Updates, Homework reminders and Text Messages).
- All users must use the Orange colored Support button on the right pane of their desktop screen or send an email to Support@schoolcues.com. This is the best way to have their issues resolved as quickly as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
REFERENCE SHEET FOR PARENTS USING SCHOOLCUES
SchoolCues is the primary way the School office and faculty communicate information with parents and families.
- Please do NOT reply to emails generated by SchoolCues, they will neither get to the teacher nor bounce back to you.
- If you:
- are not receiving emails from SchoolCues, or
- have received a text but did not receive the accompanying email, or
- have received an email stating there was a text message and you did not get the text, or
- can’t see the calendar specific to your child/children, please contact your school.
- We will text families in the event of a delay, closing, or any important notifications. There is a school specific number from where the text will come from. Make a note of this number in your phone so that you do not ignore a text from the school. When a text is initiated, an email will also be sent at the same time. Texts are only used for very specific notifications and will not be used for general information.
- You will not be able to reply to a text message.
What is the quickest way to contact and get a response from SchoolCues Support?
I left a message for SchoolCues Support over the phone and did not get a response back.
I do not have my invitation code to register and create my account.
I did not receive my activation link after I signed up.
When I click on Forgot Password and enter my email ID, nothing happens.
password cannot be reset. Please use the Account Creation instructions that you would have received from your school to create and activate your account on SchoolCues.
Please check with your school to confirm that your email id matches that in the school records
before registering your account. This is extremely important.
When I log in, I am not seeing my child’s name or any other school related activities.
Should I re-register my account every year on SchoolCues?
SchoolCues Mobile App Service
- In order to use the mobile app, the parent should first sign up and activate their account on www.SchoolCues.com.
- The SchoolCues account signup and activation process cannot be done using the mobile
app. It has to be through www.SchoolCues.com.
- The SchoolCues mobile app is available on the IOS and Android platforms and is
optimized for the respective phone devices. The app is free to download from the
iTunes app store and Google Play.
- The SchoolCues mobile app is automatically activated for your account with the email ID
that is on file associated with your child.
- The mobile app will be active starting August 1 (current year) through July 31 (following
- When contacting SchoolCues Support, clearly indicate if your issue has to do with
SchoolCues mobile app or SchoolCues web